Sunday, June 12, 2016

Nearly 3 months later...

Wow, I have been neglectful. Let me try to sum up the past three months in a nutshell!

Travis's birthday!




Janet's book launch party!

So my friend Janet has just published her first book, The Last Great Adventure of the PB&J Society, and she planned a book launch party here in Kansas City because even though she moved away from us, her heart is really still here. Our other friend Rebecca came for the party as well with her family (she also moved away from us last summer), and that weekend coincided with Travis and Brooklyn's birthdays. So it was a full weekend of nonstop parties!









Liberty Stake Spring Ball!

The SAME NIGHT as Janet's launch party (but later in the evening), we hosted an enormous tri-stake spring ball for the youth of our church. Like I said, a weekend of parties!




Brooklyn's birthday!

My little Brookie Bee is 8!!!


Kate made this necklace for her. So cute! Sorry you can't see it.


We celebrated with an official party a few weeks later, after we'd recovered a little from the Great Weekend of Parties. She chose a "Candyland" theme. Of course.


I really went all-out on the decorations. I know, I know, Pinterest is jealous. I'm sorry for setting the bar so high for all you other moms.


Gumball necklaces?? You better believe it! The girls and I made these by microwaving the gumballs for a few seconds before stabbing them with needle and ribbon. Otherwise they were impenetrable. This is one of those classic cases of maximum input, minimum effect.

What do you do at a Candyland party? Make your own candy! 

Chocolate fondue!




Taffy Pull!



*I can't believe we didn't take any pictures of this, but we also had the World's Ugliest Pinata at this party. Just trust me on this one. It was there. Also no pictures of the finished taffy, which turned out pretty yummy!*

Kate and her friend Paige were the designated face-painters for the party.
As one astute observer noted, "I know why you hired those two to paint our faces!"
Me: "Why?"
Face-paintee: "So you wouldn't have to pay somebody!"
Guilty as charged.




Happy birthday, Brookie!
May you forever be as sweet as all those little teeth of yours!

That takes us through the first week of April. Whew!
I'm taking a break. I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

0 sweet nothings: