Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crazy? Or genius?

Okay so some of you may remember a comment when Natalie was telling about Austin and the space heaters. He decided to heat the house with space heaters rather than paying to fix the furnace (and ended up saving a bundle on the gas bill!) And she couldn't decide whether he was crazy or a genius. Well, I want to hear more about those "Crazy? Or genius?" moments you've all had. Because I've had lots. The most recent was when Travis told me he taught Kate to feed Brooklyn. At first I was like, "WHAT??? Definitely crazy." But then he was like, "No, watch!" And she actually was very careful and only put the spoon to her lips (when I put it in her mouth Kate shouts, "Not too far!" I guess Travis taught her that one) and is very patient while feeding her (though she sneaks a taste every few bites). And Brooklyn thinks Kate is thoroughly entertaining. Now, I feel guilty saying that feeding my daughter kind of feels like a tedious chore, but well, it's seriously time consuming, and Brooklyn takes forever to eat sometimes. Today I decided to try letting Kate do it, and I got my hair & make-up done in the time it took Kate to feed Brooklyn breakfast. It should've taken me 3 times as long to (a) feed Brooklyn, (b) get myself ready, and (3) entertain Kate. And this is assuming no meltdowns during this time. See? Genius.

So, what are some of your crazy/genius toss-ups?

6 sweet nothings:

Unknown said...

Great idea! I think it's perfectly fine to let Kate be the big sister helper/feeder. I think I might have to steal your idea (the blog idea, not having Kate feed my kids)! Come check my blog for MY crazy or genius thoughts. :)

Wendi said...

I'm so proud of Kate! What a natural!

Safire said...

Your daughter has more of an attention span than mine does! She'd feed them 2 bites, eat the rest and say she did it. :)

Anonymous said...

All my ideas seem genius at first. Some of them turn crazy though. I used to dread taking Hunter AND Mason to the grocery store because Hunter would always try to get away so I ended up only going when Matt was home (during Hunter's nap time). One day came along where I had to go to the grocery store earlier than Hunter's nap time so I was forced to bring him along. I decided I needed to give Hunter's busy little body something to do during our grocery shopping trip. SO, my genius idea was to put Mason in an umbrella stroller and told Hunter to push him. I couldn't believe Hunter actually followed me around in the store with Mason like this. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Mason LOVED it. He even didn't mind the whiplash he received while being accidentally rammed into the shelves by Hunter.

Lis said...

Tacky glue on everything is GENIUS!

Anie said...

Lucky Lucky you to have such a GREAT helper!! I hope Madi can be that helpful with the rest of our kids. That's my goal- to make her my little clone! Sorry, I don't have any genius ideas to share. Pretty lame huh! Hopefully I'll start coming up with them once we throw another kid into the equation. I hear two is much harder than one! Anyway, we gotta hang out. We're home and my mom is no longer here so I have NO excuse for still being a home-body!! Let's plan a play date!!!