Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Cardinal Teacher Appreciation Silver Dollar Mother's Day weekend....

When I signed up for Motherhood, someone neglected to tell me about the month of May. Apparently it is when every activity and event gets together and decides to occur simultaneously. And my kids are only in elementary school, so this is just the tip of the iceberg! Or so I'm told. Here's a summary of a few events from our weekend.

This week was Teacher Appreciation week. I'm the homeroom parent for Kate's class, so we planned some gifts for her teacher. When I was teaching, my favorite part of teacher appreciation week was when the TAs (each class had one) took over the class while all the teachers went out to lunch together. It was so fun to go out to lunch during the day like real grown-ups! So on Monday, we arranged with the principal to send Kate's teacher out to lunch. We even got her husband to join her, and she was so surprised! While she was gone, we got the kids to put together this scrapbook for her. They fingerprinted apples and leaves onto a tree for the cover, and then they each completed a page with memories from the year, including some pictures we'd collected. The teacher's birthday happened to be Friday, so we surprised her with a little birthday party and gave her the book as her gift. She was so thrilled!


Friday evening, Kate's honor choir sang the national anthem for the Springfield Cardinals baseball game. We actually made it through the entire game, even though it was past 9:30, and stayed for fireworks! Here's a really terrible video attempt. Kate appears on the big screen twice, but I'm pretty sure you can't really identify her. Sorry about that.




Our school bought out a whole section of the stadium, so Brooklyn and Troy both got to sit next to a classmate buddy of theirs.


Saturday afternoon, we went to Silver Dollar City... but a thunderstorm arrived at the same time we did, and lightning closed most of the outdoor rides. Oh well! I really only go for the drive down there anyway! Someday I'll take pictures of that...
[Before the rain!]

And Mother's Day! Travis cooked an amazing breakfast and dinner as well, and they all made a big card that was so thoughtful! Mother's Day can be touch-and-go usually, but this one was a good one!



I love being a mom to these sweet little kids!
Oh this crazy busy fun life of mine!

1 sweet nothings:

Angie said...

I can't believe how big Kate looks in that last picture! She's growing up.
Sounds like you are one super room mom. Aaaand, you have just motivated me to never volunteer for that position. I'd fail miserably! But what a lucky teacher Kate has! ;)