Friday, April 10, 2015

Brookie Bear's Birthday Picnic

This little girl is now 7!

We celebrated with a Teddy Bear Picnic party.

You know the song, right? I grew up with it. I even tried to play it for the kids at the party, since I realized they probably wouldn't really "get" the theme or the little details, and they kind of looked at me like I was crazy. I guess it isn't really "party" music... Ha ha!
Yeah, the kids weren't really digging the song.
But I've been wanting to do a party like this for a while now, so I finally convinced Brooklyn this would be a good idea for her 7th birthday party.
It sure was a beautiful day for a picnic!




My girls have always loved going to birthday parties at Build-a-Bear. I've never been to one myself, but they just seem so expensive! So I thought for a teddy bear party, we could borrow the same idea! We "built" our own teddy bears! I cut out little felt hearts because that's really all I know about Build-a-Bears... something about a heart, and of course the stuffing! And maybe clothes? So I sewed skirts for the bears. Each one was different. So I told the girls to pick a heart and put it inside the bear. "And you have to make a wish!" one of them told me very seriously. But of course! Wishes were made...


Then, fortunately, one of the moms who stayed for the party helped me sew the bears up while the girls ate. Because it turns out I wouldn't win any races in stitching up little teddy bear bottoms!


Ha ha Nolan!



Ha ha! The "real" teddy bear is photo-bombing the cake teddy bear!

This is the last of the traditional Argentinian firework candles my mom has been bringing us for birthdays. Now that they have left Argentina, I'm afraid birthday cake fireworks may be just a memory. We'll have to think up some kind of substitution!



You can't really tell, but this pinata was a beehive...
Um... Kids: don't try this at home.

Wow, that party was quite a whirlwind! I need to get better about organizing myself in advance and not in the few minutes before the guests arrive! (No I'm not exaggerating!) EVERYthing in these pictures was done within the last 24 hours. Um, what is my excuse for that??? I had all the ideas and plans and supplies well in advance, so I have no idea what keeps me from actually preparing before the eleventh hour. Maybe someday I'll be totally prepared and be able to relax and enjoy the party!

Later tonight Brooklyn opened presents from us! She was so surprised when she unwrapped that round one she's holding in her hand!
Ha ha!
I am so funny.

A very happy birthday to my sweet, spunky, spirited, tiny little Brookie Bear!
May your eighth year of life be the best one yet! We love you!!!

1 sweet nothings:

Charlotte Bennett said...

Well done! I meant to call her. And then I meant to call today. And well, let's cross our fingers for tomorrow. Happy Birthday, Brookie!