Sunday, February 8, 2015

Catching up.... Ketching-up? Cats-ing-up?

It's been an embarrassingly long time since I've caught up with the ol' blog. Like... I'm pretty sure I missed all of Christmas. It was awesome.

No actually, it knocked me out. I don't know what is up with me, but Christmas completely did me in. For example, I had epic homemade gifts planned for everyone in the family. I spent most of December frantically trying to get them all together. And did I? You bet I did not. In the end, Troy was the only one who had a handmade gift to open on Christmas morning. It was fantastic, but I just granted myself a little one-week extension for the rest. They would be "New Year's" gifts, I told myself. The extension turned into two weeks, then I figured i would give gifts for my birthday... And now I'm aiming for Valentine's Day. It is terrible, you guys. My poor family. I don't know what is wrong with me, except maybe we could blame the hair-pulling shrill-screaming non-sleeping infant that is glued to my hip. Yes, let's push this all off on him and call it a day.

My girls danced in the Nutcracker right before Christmas, and it was magical. It threw off our entire holiday season and took all our time, but it made up some of my favorite memories from this year. They performed in this incredible 100+ year old theater downtown that has been immaculately preserved. The architecture is very similar to Ford's Theater in Washington, DC. They danced as little toy soldiers in the battle between the mice and the Nutcracker's army. They were onstage for probably 90 seconds in all, but they sure worked hard! Brooklyn was pretty much the tiniest little soldier anyone had ever seen. She doesn't like attention being pointed to her size, but when she marched on that stage, the audience erupted into little murmurs about how cute the little one was. Ha ha! I didn't take many pictures of any of this, and none at all on the actual performance nights, but I won't bother with regrets! At the end of their last performance, they each got a bouquet of flowers. They were on top of the world!

Let's just run through a quick roll of holiday highlights, for the sake of time.
Just so we know it all actually happened.






 Troy: third little angel from left

Kate as a penguin








 

Silver Dollar City!

We're going to finish up Christmas and call it a wrap!
Hey, only a few more days until Valentine's Day!

0 sweet nothings: