Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tonight my house is covered in scraps of construction paper and damp paint brushes. And school papers. Oh so many school papers. Yesterday's [clean!] laundry may or may not still be piled on the couch. My girls' bedroom, which I painstakingly spent a FULL day cleaning last week, is a fresh disaster again. This is how I roll, or at least that's what I keep trying to tell myself. Inside, I am hyperventilating into a paper bag and trying to get control of myself and stay awake all at once. Just. So. Tired....

Wait what? Sorry, dozed off for a second there...

On the floor of my room is a little pile of baby clothes that I've already folded twice, which have been tripped over enough times that I will have to do it again. They are waiting to be put back in the box of baby clothes in the garage. That's all. It will literally take me less than five minutes, but somehow I don't have five minutes put together in which I do it. I mean, obviously, I'm sitting here now, but I'm not sure I can get up, and even then, there are 15 other more pressing things I ought to be doing before I tackle those baby clothes. Also I think part of me is just so sad to admit that Nolan has actually grown out of newborn baby clothes.

Tonight, here's what we did instead:
The girls' school has a pumpkin decorating contest each year, and this is what they came up with.
A penguin for Kate, and a bumblebee for Brooklyn


I also tried to take some pictures of Nolan today, because I feel like that is one thing I am so bad about doing, only I had like a 7-minute window in which to do it. Also he is not great at sitting by himself. He actually did conclude this photo-shoot by falling on his face, I'm afraid.


Such a good sport, though. And oh-so-cute.




1 sweet nothings:

Janet Johnson said...

Oh man, we are rolling on the same track. But kudos for PAINTING PUMPKINS!! They turned out very cute. And now off to deprive myself of much needed sleep so I can get some thigs done on that oh so long to-do list.