Monday, August 25, 2014

Kate

So here is Kate on the first day of school (finally!) My computer corrupted the original pictures from that morning, when I tried to rotate them, so I had to take more when she came home. Just pretend. It was still the first day, so they count!


She still looks just as bright and fresh after school! Must have been a good first day!
I promise I did actually send her to school with shoes on.

I had both girls finish the sentence, "When I grow up I want to be..." and they both wrote "a mom."
I feel so validated and flattered! Best job in the world!

I took this cute girl out on a little photo-shoot yesterday so we'd have some pictures for her baptism invitations. It was fun, just me and her on my favorite trail that I've discovered (okay, the only trail).



I tried to get her to climb out onto this gnarled old tree hanging over the creek, and she was pretty terrified. Especially when I spotted a turtle swimming beneath and pointed it out to her. She did not think it was as awesome as I did. She was crying by the time I was done. I keep forgetting that she's not really a nature girl! I remember the first time we tried to take her "hiking," at age 3. She freaked out when she saw that the trail was unpaved. She was shocked when she realized we meant for her to step on it. Ha ha! So adorable!






1 sweet nothings:

Carlson Family said...

What cute pictures of an ADORABLE girl! You can't go wrong with such a beautiful subject. I can't wait to see you all soon!!! :D