Monday, June 23, 2014

10 YEARS!


Last Wednesday, Travis and I celebrated 10 years of marriage! TEN! DIX! DIEZ! ONE PLUS NINE!

To put that into perspective for you, here is a summary of what those ten years consisted of:

3,652 sunrises
4 babies
36 months of pregnancy
4 graduations
9 jobs
3 states
4 addresses
6 cars
3 countries visited
27 road trips
36 birthdays
2 toasters
520 pizza and movie nights
42,609 kisses
2 trips to the ER
33 Halloween costumes
11 camping trips
10 road races
2 earthquakes
0 tornadoes
and 1 drug deal assist

We took a spontaneous road trip to Florida to visit Travis's parents, who were kind enough to watch our three oldest kids so we could take a little mini-getaway anniversary trip! It was a vacation within a vacation! It was Inception, vacation-style! Anyway, Nolan was our little sidekick, being too young to be left behind. So I had TWO hot dates for my 10th anniversary! Never would have expected that!

We went to Amelia Island, which was so beautiful and relaxing and fun - just what we needed after 10 years! Not so many pictures, either, as we were busy eating seafood. (Yeah, that's what they call it these days. Ha! Sorry.) Walks on the beach, swimming in the ocean, naps on the beach (for one of us), exploring the historic district (one of the first Spanish settlements in the New World), late night ice cream parlors, and a sunrise walk on the beach (Travis's favorite thing and not mine but I go anyway and try not to be grouchy!)







Jellyfish: Our honeymoon in Mexico was kind of ruined 10 years ago when a jellyfish attacked me, requiring shots and an IV and probably the most painful wound I've ever endured! Also why I'm still scared to swim in the ocean.

The rest of the trip was spent in Jacksonville Beach with Trav's mom and dad and youngest brother. The kids had a great time at the beach! We were there nearly every day! Me... well it turns out there is a lot of sand at the beach. And it seems that growing older has made me super annoyed by things that cause more laundry. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't have to worry about Nolan getting heat stroke or my little ones being swept into the ocean by a rip current! There's a time and a season for everything, right?






This lizard jumped on Brookie's face! Travis was holding it, and she asked if she could hold it. I guess the gecko heard her! Apparently he liked her.

While the boys were golfing, Michele and I took the kids to explore a nature center and then historic St. Augustine. Not many pictures of the whole trip, but it was so much fun!




Thanks Mike, Michele, and Ryan for an amazing trip! We can't wait to come back!

2 sweet nothings:

Michele Lundell said...

Love your blog! You are such a wonderful daughter-in-law! It was so fun having you here and a real treat for me to watch the kids! I can't wait for you to come back! I know you needed to get home and get on your way to the next adventure....I look forward to that as well. Thanks, Krista, for all you do. I sure do love you. -Michele

Carlson Family said...

Ditto to all that Michele said. And thanks to Michele, et al, also for watching the kids! I totally understand the lack of pictures. I forget to take them when I'm having such a fun time! (And no, that's not saying that the times when I take lots- I'm not enjoying myself!) You guys got some really great shots of the kids! They are so incredibly cute. And so are you and Travis! All the best in getting ready for the next adventure. Love you! :D