Sunday, May 4, 2014

Easter Weekend

Good ol' Troy.

I know, I'm slow. Anyway, our Easter weekend was pretty great because Travis flew home from New Mexico to spend the weekend with us! It just happened to work out that he had an interview in St. Louis scheduled for that weekend, so we all decided to go along with him and make a day of it! We stayed the night in a hotel, which the kids said they loved, but we all know that six people sleeping in one room is inevitably going to be an adventure, to put it delicately.

In the morning while Travis went to his interview, the kids and I hit the zoo!
You heard me.
Me + 4 kids + one of them is a newborn + the St. Louis zoo
Because I am supermom and don't you forget it!

Okay actually, we probably covered about 4000 square feet of the zoo in three hours, but we saw elephants so, mission accomplished.






Their "silly faces" are lovely

After we retrieved Travis, who was sad that we saw elephants without him but quickly got over it, we went to lunch at Fitz's, which is a hip little root beer joint that Travis discovered during his many St. Louis rotations. They bottle the soda right there on the spot, which is fun. 
The root beer floats were particularly overpriced delicious.

And then of course we had to visit The Arch.
This was my first trip to St. Louis, actually, and I was duly impressed by that gigantic feat of construction.
Did we ride the claustrophobia-inducing little elevators all the way to the top?
No. No we did not. And probably never will.
My girls wanted to, but I was afraid and was not afraid to admit it.







Easter morning:
We had a little brunch in our yard with a few friends.
My favorite Easter morning ever was this one, four years ago, and it ended in brunch. So now, since I can't visit Arlington anymore for Easter, I feel like we should at least have brunch!





The kids had a little egg hunt, and Travis even spotted this guy at the edge of the yard! (He is well hidden!)


She can almost.... reach... it...
That's what sisters are for!




Dyeing eggs the night before:
(Um... they may or may not still be sitting in the refrigerator as we speak...)

Every egg Troy touched he managed to break! HA HA we were laughing so hard each time we heard another crack coming from his direction!



So on Easter evening, after dinner when we were all tired out and half of us were in our jammies, I decided that I was disappointed that we didn't get a family picture while we were all dressed for church that day (hey that is a lot of work and deserves to be documented!) So I actually made everyone go put their ties back on and whatever else, and we traipsed out to the backyard to take pictures. One more thing checked off my list!
(Troy never misses an opportunity to goof off when Mom & Dad can't see him.)

2 sweet nothings:

Kara B. said...

Super cute post, Krista. Your family is so beautiful.

Angie said...

I love love LOVE your girls' Easter dresses. They are so perfect! Where did you get them? (It helps that Brooklyn's rockin' the pearl necklace!)

I will never forget that you took all four of your kids to the zoo alone. You are on a mothering pedestal that I'll never even think about trying to climb. Go girl! I'l watch from down here! ;)