Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Very BIG Day

This past Friday was pretty much the best day ever. It started off bright and early with a temple trip - my youngest brother's first, in fact. I dropped the kids off at Travis's sister's place and then headed for the Mt. Timpanogas temple. It worked out in such a way that my entire immediate family, and ONLY us, could attend (no spouses/kids). It was so amazing to be in the temple with my parents and ALL my siblings for the first time! And such a BEAUTIFUL day for it too!
Photobucket
Afterward we went out to lunch - again just the 7 of us. We figured it was the first time we'd sat down to a meal together with just our family in nearly 10 years! Our super-enthusiastic waitress was kind enough to take a picture of all of us.
Photobucket
AND THEN...

After that fabulous day, I came home and received a call from Travis, who reported that he was accepted into the anesthesiologist assistant master's program at the University of Missouri at Kansas City! We were so elated to finally have some plans in place! You may or may not know the long (...long...long...) educational road we've been blazing (let's just say I'm sending Travis to 12-step meetings for addiction to school) but he'll be finishing up his PhD next month and after that... well we were just waiting to see what avenues opened up to us. This looks like our final decision, and I think it's a perfect fit given Travis's background and interests. It's a 2.5-year program, starting this coming January. He was so ecstatic, and we're both relieved to have all the unknowns start to fall into place for us. The timing was really perfect and we feel like it has come as a huge blessing to us. More on all of this later when we get the details settled out.

Travis joined us yesterday, as well as my grandma and her friend, so we now have a full house! Family pictures tonight, so stay tuned for those!

8 sweet nothings:

Karlie Ann Ady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karlie Ann Ady said...

Hooray and Congrats to Travis!!! That's amazing you got to be all together in the temple although I have to say that since I grew up from ages 0-17 within a 5 minute drive of Mt. Timp your pics made me homesick! We are glad you guys got a vaca but we miss you!

Doreen said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! So exciting. When he's done do we have to call him Master Doctor Travis?

Wendi said...

Holy cow! You are leaving me, but I'm so excited for Travis! How neat to have just your family all together. We will all be at the Mt. Timp. temple next Tuesday, but we will have everyone including spouses and children. Same temple. How funny!

Andrew said...

Congratulations!! I am elated for you and Travis!!! This marks a new, and last chapter in your school life - in fact...you guys will be done with school, and making REAL MONEY before us...wow, what a thought!!

Carl said...

HUZZAH FOR TRAVIS!!! boo for your imminent plans to leave us.

Karen said...

Holy cow!!! I just read your post like, oh cute she's in Utah having fun with her family, what fun pictures, etc... and then you drop this bomb about Travis getting accepted to school and you guys leaving us! I'm excited for you but bummed for us... Nonetheless, I hope the hilarious irony that Anesthesiologist Assistant has the same initials as Alcoholics Anonymous is not lost on you, my friend--he might end up needing that 12 step program after all :)

I will call you when we get out there, we leave tomorrow!!!

NKC Crossfit Nutrition said...

One ward's loss, is another ward's gain!!!! We are super pumped that you guys will be our neighbors again!!! Let us know what help you guys need, and we will get it done! So excited for you guys, we will see you soon!!!