Saturday, August 21, 2010

The parents have all the fun...

and while discussing this unfortunate truth last night (after the kids were in bed), Travis and I suddenly sprung an idea to share the wealth. We planned to stay up eating ice cream and watching movies, after feeding our children vegetables and putting them to bed early. They don't complain, but it's sadly unfair, isn't it? Well we knew that at least Kate was still awake, and then I saw that our favorite show, Wizards of Waverly Place, was starting in ten minutes. So we dished up ice cream cones, got the kids out of bed, and threw blankets and pillows on the floor for an impromptu "movie night." They thought it was pretty much the best thing ever. And since it wasn't a real movie, we only had a 30-minute time commitment before it was back to bed. (About the length of time it takes Brooklyn to finish an ice cream cone.)
Even Travis is enthralled

I'm afraid the blog has taken a backseat to... the time I spend eating... which is amounting to approximately 20 of 24 hours each day, but I'm hoping to catch up soon. And now, I need a snack.

2 sweet nothings:

Lis said...

I LOVE times like that! You are so cute Krista!!!! and your girls are SO CUTE TOO!!! How fun!!! Makes me want to do something like that! Not sure Lexi would go back to bed after so much sugar though!

tylerandmommy said...

Awesome! I guess I am the bad mom that lets my kid stay up and eat ice cream and watch movies on a regular basis. It's actually because he won't go to sleep before 8:30 or 9 anyway. We should have a pajama party play date some time btw...