Friday, March 17, 2017

The End of Another Era



Yesterday was my last day of having a two-year-old in the house. I don't mind telling you I didn't take it well. Call it a mid-life crisis or fear of aging, but I had a really hard time letting this one go. I have made it a point to keep a baby in the house at all times - or at least a child under 2. I can honestly say I don't miss the years when my girls were small, in the strictest sense of the word. Yes I "remember fondly" or "look back with nostalgia" on those days, but do I want them back? Not really. They were great and my kids were super cute when small, but I really love where they're at NOW - being able to have intelligent [for us] conversations with them, seeing their talents develop and their brilliant little minds work. Older kids are fun. And now I'm looking forward to being able to do older kid stuff as a family, instead of always having to adapt for a baby or toddler. And long gone are the days of schlepping diapers around everywhere I go! Sayonara to those days and good riddance!!

[We keep telling him that the dog needs her space and he needs to get out and leave her alone, but he doesn't listen and she doesn't put up much of a fight.]

Enough nostalgia. This lucky guy had an awesome birthday. I personally think it's pretty cool to have a St. Patrick's day birthday. Added bonus: we always remember the holiday and will never get pinched for forgetting to wear green! We kicked off the morning with baked French toast (with green sprinkles) and the girls decorated cupcakes. Nolan had his little play group friends over for a mini-party, where we played games (like "duck, duck, goose" using colors - green means run, of course), had a treasure hunt, painted (I know, fail), and ate cupcakes!






 



Tonight we celebrated with Dad, went out to dinner, opened presents, ate cake, the whole enchilada.
[My phone is super awesome at taking selfies.]






HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY, Nolan!
I can't believe you've been with us three years. It feels like forever. Not because it feels like you're old, but because I can't remember life before you. I love you more than words could ever say, you cute, bouncy, sassy, hilarious, sarcastic, goofy little 3-year-old!

1 sweet nothings:

Angie said...

I keep telling Todd we are in the golden age of parenthood - no babies, no teenagers. We are trying to soak it up. So far, so good. It's been lots of fun. Welcome to the club!