Sunday, October 23, 2016

La Liga KC!

Travis loves soccer. His loves go like this: fly fishing, soccer, BYU football, me, and the kids; sometimes not quite in that order. You will notice that there is no food on that list. I know, I honestly don't know how we ended up together.

Since I tore him away from his favorite fly fishing venues in Springfield (seriously, he's been suffering from that one for the past year), he moved down the list to Favorite Thing #2 and decided to start a recreational youth soccer league. We have several reasons for doing this. First, we had a terrible experience with Liberty Parks & Rec soccer last spring with Troy. The distance to his games was also a big deal breaker. But we still wanted him to play soccer. Recreational soccer - because I'm annoyed that no child can do anything anymore unless he or she started no later than age 4 and immediately enrolled in competitive programs, complete with exorbitant costs, game and practice schedules, and travel distance. Can't they just play for fun, learn the rules, and have coaches who care about teaching and directing them? Enter Travis to save the day!

Obviously this undertaking was going to present a few snags along the way, and we definitely had our share. But overall I think the kids had a good time! The weather for the most part was fabulous! We never had to cancel a game. And while Travis was stressed and overwhelmed with a lot of the details pretty much most of the time, he had so much fun out on the fields with the kids I think (I am hoping) it canceled out most of the negatives!

We're looking forward to an even bigger, better, smoother soccer season in spring! Check him out at LaLigaKC! (Sorry for the many, many gratuitous photos of my own children.)














0 sweet nothings: