Sunday, January 20, 2013

Backstage Pass

Troy and I are home today while everyone else is at church because he was up all night last night throwing up. So while we hang out, I thought we'd take a tour of my daughters' bedroom.

I went in with my camera and snapped some shots of exactly how they left it this morning. (By the way, they clean it EVERY day, but of course it's only a matter of hours before it looks like this again.)

 On the door to their bathroom:
 "Women's Locker Room"???

 In Kate's class, the kids have "star charts," where they earn stars for homework and good behavior and such. So my girls made a big star chart for their own "kids." Some of these kids are their baby dolls, and some are imaginary. Don't ask me which are which.

In case you need help reading some of these fantastic names, they include the following (spelling corrected for proper pronunciation):
Princess Seets Peach, Stinka, Kelly Peach Princess, Vella Tenta Lundell, Sara, Malleia the Puppy, Emalie Steka Lundell, Maagiceryasen Lundell (I actually don't know how to pronounce that one), Maryl Fllowrtil (ditto), and Bella.

(I know I'm not supposed to pick favorite grandchildren, but between you and me I think my favorite is Stinka.)

And here's Troy last night, where he happened upon the refrigerator letters the girls had left scattered across the floor. He said, "Uh oh, Mom!" and ran over and began cleaning them up.

I think I'll keep him forever.

4 sweet nothings:

Carlson Family said...

I love the pictures! I can't believe I'm a great-grandmother of someone named Stinka. So touching.

Enjoy mommyhood. It's, unfortunately, fleeting. Wish I were there to enjoy it all with you!

welundell said...

Your girls are silly and imaginative! They are perfect!! And Troy... He is a keeper picking up after his silly sisters! He also looks like Eric!!

Chaoyi said...

Ok, quote of the day is to die for. Your kids are still as cute as ever...
And yes, keep Troy!

Wendi said...

Troy is so so cute! Poor Stinka doesn't have any stars!